A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

The American Library Association Conference 2008: The Conference Floor

The more people that are around me, the less I want to talk to a camera in front of my face.  So here’s my last update from the floor for the day.  Watch as I personally butcher almost everyone’s name at one point or another.

About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. Bonny Becker says:

I love ’em, Betsy. Not only do I get to be at ALA (sort of), but these are so well done given your time, etc. I mean a musical soundtrack, edits, humor, interesting angles? It would take me like a month to do one of these. Thanks!

2. Barbara O'Connor says:

These videos are awesome, Betsy! Are you using an RCA Small Wonder camera and iMovie?
    Barbara O’Connor

3. Cheryl Rainfield says:

Love these, Betsy. They’re so well done! And as Bonny said, it would take me ages to do them as well as you did. I’m impressed!

4. Mitali Perkins says:

I feel like I’m right there! Without the painful feet! Home alone like a true introvert, and not burned out from schmoozing! And not humiliated by a sparsely attended book signing of my own next to such luminaries as Peep! This is fabulous!

5. Excellent! Three posts today. Maybe more??? AND Yuyi Morales, Peter Sis, Nina Lindsay and Arthur Levine. Way to go Fuse!

KT

Roger, we need to see Roger.

6. Oops forgot there are no returns registered in comment section. That would be Roger Sutton, not KT Roger. Roger? Over and out.

7. Yup. I’m glad you’re posting these videos.

8. Thanks! It’s actually a flip camera. Just a small easy to use one button baby. I’ll try to do some tomorrow, though I’ve low hopes on how much time I’ll have to post. Fingers are crossed.

9. Dan Blank says:

Celebrities!

10. Lisa Yee says:

THAT was a video camera? Had I known I would have engaged in dramatic sweeping gestures!

Great seeing you again!

11. Scope Notes says:

On the soundtrack: Great to hear a song I love in an unexpected place. Thanks for the video.

12. lisa chellman says:

Just caught up with the videos, and they made me smile big smiles. Thanks for sharing! Maybe I’ll make it to ALA next year when it’s back in Chicago.