A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

Fashion Week at Kidlitosphere ’08

Clearly I’m getting a little punch drunk.

share save 171 16 Fashion Week at Kidlitosphere 08
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. WendieO says:

From the critic’s corner:
    Turn up the volume to hear your dulcet tones…
    NO! Turn it down. (love the music but so loud…)
    40% show
    60% no show (blackness for 1.5 minutes of a 2.25 show)
    (and please turn more slowly so we can read your t-shirt.)

we want more.
    no more blank blackness
    we want more conference stuff

more is coming, right?
    -wendieO

2. WendieO says:

Darn. I forgot that SLJ doesn’t recognize carriage returns. All those phrases that I lined up, one below the other, simply look like nonsense in the SLJ comment box. sorry. -wendieO

3. Fuse #8 says:

>sigh< Yes, I know. I didn’t get a chance to cut off the music, so the video goes on longer than it should. It’s no excuse but I edited and cut that puppy together in the one hour I had free between conference events. Had I more time I’d have done better (supposedly). The shirt reads “I Read Kidlit” which is bound to enrage readers who dislike the term, but whatchagonnado? Better edited conference videos to come.

4. KimKasch says:

I loved your t-shirt, the green glasses and Lainia’s pink hair that seemed to match her shirt perfectly. Of course I loved it all! Thanks for coming.

5. Lorie Ann Grover says:

Thanks for including me! My boots, necklace, and glasses, that is. Woot! You, m’dear, were the fashion plate though.

6. Holly Cupala says:

I love it! What a fun conference. Thanks, Betsy, for coming out and showing us how blogging (and punch drunk) is done right.

7. Little Willow says:

That’s hilarious! From the look of everyone’s pictures and the words of everyone’s blogs, I think it’s safe to say the con was a success. Wish I could have attended!

8. Johanna Wright says:

Hey, love that music! Good times all around. Thanks for including me and my green garb in there! That ninja shirt is the best.