A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. david e says:

am i missing something, ms fuse? are you quoting tim eagn’s dodsworth? and if so… why?

• Elizabeth Bird says:

I am indeed, David. But it requires you to follow the commonplace book link. I make my readers work for my references!

And sorry about the missing link, Monica. Apparently my brain has a hard time remembering to put more than one in any given post. Whoops!

2. Thanks so much for mentioning my chart. The link is: http://medinger.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/telling-the-reality-behind-fiction/

And, David, I’m guessing the answer is yes! One of my favorite early reader series.

3. Cindy says:

Stephen Fry was in Peter’s Friends with Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson and Imelda Staunton, who’ve all been in one or another Potter movie.

4. rams says:

Cindy’s point makes me realize that Hugh Laurie was the other now-big name in that movie, but no Harry P for him. Hmmmm….. Who should he have played? Lupin, maybe?

• Elizabeth Bird says:

He would have made a superb Lupin, I agree. The thing you always hear about Lupin is that he looks exhausted. Laurie could look perpetually exhausted with very little effort. And thanks to his work on House we don’t have to go far to imagine his dilapidated state.

5. david e says:

ah, i see what i did. i thought i clicked the link, but it was the regular list and not the children’s-only list, and that’s how i missed the connection with the quote. i figured it had to be me.

that crazy duck!

6. Thanks for the link to Out of the Box! I had missed that one. Love the idea of book characters becoming tweeters … gotta believe someone out there is already thinking Wiki!

7. :paula says:

Any British actor can usually be linked through Gosford Park. The cast of that movie was enormous, and I always forget – oh yeah! Clive Owen AND Stephen Fry AND Lord Cutler Becket from Pirates of the Caribbean AND Derek Jacobi AND Richard E. Grant AND Helen Mirren… and both Dumbledore (mark II) and McGonagle. Michael Gambon gets killed in that movie too, come to think of it!