A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

librarycard Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

A year off, but the sentiment remains.

Every year I collect the links that’ll work best when a particular holiday rolls around.  This year, I found a couple to my liking.

Those of you willing to kill a couple hours in your day would do worse than to play around with the 2010 Christmas Price Index.  Trust me, it’s far more fun than it sounds.  Thanks to The Infomancer for the link.

And since this is a children’s literary blog (at least in theory) the folks who brought you the delightful The Terrible Plop have come up with a Christmassy themed document for you and yours.

There were also many fine videos to partake of this year.  Example A: How to wrap your cat.

Example B: Something for the Rudolph / Sting fans out there (you know who you are).

Example C: When one is a New Yorker, you are legally obligated to hear this song at least once during the holiday season.  It’s a terrible video.  Just awful.  But the music more than makes up for it.

Thanks to Dan for the link.

Finally, for those libraries out there with a sense of humor and an overabundance of green books, a wholly originally kind of tree to put up for the season:

booktree Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Thanks to AL Direct for the link.

share save 171 16 Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. Tarie says:

Happy Holidays, Betsy!!! =D

2. JMyersbook says:

Merry Christmas and thank you for a(nother) wonderful year of blogging! Be sure to eat a Forbes Family Toothpaste Cookie for me!

3. Eric says:

Let us not forget the joys of receiving “books for Christmas”.

4. Victoria Stapleton says:

No joke, I could watch cute cat videos all damn day. Thanks for the holiday treat!

5. Edi says:

Love the tree! Now, do that with an ereader!!LOL

6. WendieO says:

Betsy, Those green books look familiar, don’t they? Aren’t they from a set (or two) of reference books?
    My mind is blanking as to what set — and our library has tossed most of our reference tools, replacing them with databases.

Does anyone remember what they are?

7. WendieO: Reader’s Guide to Periodical Literature?

• Elizabeth Bird says:

That’s the best bet I could come up with. Boy, it’s been a while. But I’m with rockinlibrarian on this one. Definitely looks Periodical-ish to me.

8. WendieO says:

I think you’re right. (but it’s been so long since I’ve seen THOSE books…. )
    :-)

9. :paula says:

We just got rid of an entire aisle of CLCs – I shudder to think of the big brown sculpture we might have made out of them! On the other hand, we could have made a really nice Andy Goldsworthy type wall…