A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

A Fuse #8 Production: Video Nostalgia

HappyDance A Fuse #8 Production: Video Nostalgia

Folks, it has occurred to me that while I love this blog to pieces, I spend an awful lot of my waking hours here.  Time to start instituting a couple ground rules.  I’m still going to blog every day, but some posts are going to have to be a bit less in-depth than others.

Which brings us to today’s post.  Over the years I’ve done a variety of odd videos.  They’ve appeared in fits and starts over the years.  So let’s play a little Remember When, shall we?

I begin with the best.  Did any of you watch the full Dan Santat interview I conducted back in 2009?  Worth your time.  It involves light sabers, hamburgers, and clones.

Then I started to do Storytime Suggestions for a while.  Those were fun.  In them I showed folks how I preferred to read certain books for storytime in the hopes of inspiring others to do the same.  It didn’t work, but the attempts were worth it.

There was my one and only video review:

And finally there was my one and only music video:

There are lots of other videos I’ve done out there, but this is good for a start.

share save 171 16 A Fuse #8 Production: Video Nostalgia
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. Chris in NY says:

Take time off when you need it. Better than buring out and getting no Fuse 8 at all!

2. Linda W says:

I just wanted to let you know that I was very inspired by your Storytime Suggestions. I discovered a couple of new favorites from them! I manipulated our planned themes for storytime just so I could read “Me Hungry!”

On a personal note, my sons enjoy it when I pull out the laptop and have you as our “guest” bedtime story reader. Thanks!

3. Katie says:

I loved the Storytime Suggestions videos! I hope you’ll do more of them.

4. Abby says:

I loved the Storytime Suggestions, too, and I SWEAR I am going to do some one of these days!

• Elizabeth Bird says:

Please do! I need some additional suggestions. My “Dinosaur Vs. Bedtime” is beginning to look a little old.

5. Erica Perl says:

Ahem, No Butts About It, We Love to Read, anyone?

Or are you trying to forget the day Ayun Halliday and I ran amok in your library, driving your library carts, and demanding your shush-shush-double-shush (oh yeah!) cameo?

• Elizabeth Bird says:

I may live a thousand years but never forget that day, Erica. This was just a brief smattering of videos too. A complete listing would be . . . well . . . a lot of stuff like this, I bet.

Now to get that catchy shush-shush-double-shush out of my head…