A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

Chugga . . . chugga . . . chug . . . chooooo

Well I kept it up for a good near week there, but finally had to take a day off from the 10-posts-a-day regiment. We’ll resume bright and early Monday morn, don’t you fear. Meanwhile, if you’re having trouble seeing what’s won already (my “Older Entries” link has a tendency to be evil) here’s what’s won in the Top 100 Picture Books Poll and here’s the Top 100 Chapter Books Poll to match.  The “Older Entries” links work a-okay if you go that route.  Meantime, enjoy the beautiful day!

share save 171 16 Chugga . . . chugga . . . chug . . . chooooo
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. rams says:

Oh, bless you. The comments add so much, and it’s been so frustrating not to be able to read them. Don’t apologize for no-Sunday-post … it will take most of Sunday to work through them!

2. DaNae says:

Although I’ve apparently been having way too much fun following all your efforts here. I totally understand that it is necessary to catch ones breath.

I’m delighted by all the new blood this time around, although I assume there will be fewer surprises in the last half. I’ve added quite a few books to my orders that have been lacking in my library.

3. You’ve already outdone yourself– when you said you had worked out systems to make it easier this time around, I was not expecting you would be writing THIS much Awesome about TEN books a day EVERY DAY until you’ve covered all 200. I was a huge fan of the first countdowns but I think this time (knowing you have a little sprog now) you’ve impressed me even more. Thank you! You’ve earned a day off.

4. Jennifer says:

Am I just going crazy or is #91 in the picture books missing? I’ve been keeping my own lists as your awesome posts go out and it’s driving my obsessive personality nuts that I can’t find that entry!

5. Jennifer says:

HA! I knew I’d seen it the first time I went through. Clearly, the internet is conspiring against Scieszka! Spacehdz unite!

6. Reading your posts has been wonderful. I can only imagine all the work it entails. I certainly appreciate all your efforts. Thank you so much for them and the link. I am going to go back and read some of them again.

7. Lorelei and Isaiah's Mommy says:

I was somewhat sure I spied your offspring today at the Union Square Playground. It was not she — her name was Aliyah (not sure how that’s spelled), and she was more than a year older than yours — but she was wearing a tee shirt with multiple covers of Pippi Longstocking on it :)

• Elizabeth Bird says:

We were in Prospect Park ourselves so not the same kid, but the shirt was indeed striking evidence. I may have to track Aliyah down to find out where she got it! Thanks for the tip!