A Fuse #8 Production
Inside A Fuse #8 Production

The Top 100 Lists Are Nigh. Nigh, I Say! Nigh!

Top100Poll 300x54 The Top 100 Lists Are Nigh. Nigh, I Say! Nigh!Remember when we were young and I conducted these craaaazy polls asking you guys to vote on your Top 10 Picture Books and Top 10 Children’s Novels?  Remember when I enlisted the help of some talented survey monkeys and we calculated the results, coming up with some top 100 lists?  And remember when I promised you that if you signed up you could get jaw-droppingly gorgeous PDFs, suitable for printing/framing of the Top 10 of each list with the full 100 along the side?  Yeah, whatever happened with that?

Well the good news is that the people of SLJ have bent over backwards to make these PDFs as pretty as can be.  They’re up.  They’re amazing.  And if you haven’t gotten a copy you can just fill out the form for the Top 100 Children’s Novels here and the Top 100 Picture Books here and they’ll be sent to you.

How easy on the eyes are they?  A glimpse:

Top100PDF 1024x636 The Top 100 Lists Are Nigh. Nigh, I Say! Nigh!

There are even quotes from readers included that didn’t make it into the online edition.

So sign-up!  It’s free and colorful.  My two favorite things in life.

share save 171 16 The Top 100 Lists Are Nigh. Nigh, I Say! Nigh!
Elizabeth Bird About Elizabeth Bird

Elizabeth Bird is currently New York Public Library's Youth Materials Collections Specialist. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of NYPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.

Comments

1. shelly says:

I would love to download the PDF, but when I submitted my information I was taken to a thank you page that said to “click here for download” but there was no link there. hmmmm…

2. admin says:

@Shelly: Apologies for that! Both PDFs have now been uploaded, and you should receive an email shortly with a link to download whichever one(s) you signed up for. Thanks! -SLJ

3. Wow. They are gorgeous! Kudos to the designer!

4. Jill says:

may we share this in a school newsletter?

5. They are lovely!

6. DaNae says:

Two of my favorite things in life: lists and Fuse #8.

7. Kristen M. says:

Coincidentally, my 100 Chapter Books Read-Along kicked off today on new book blogger community The Estella Society –

We love this poll and you are awesome for having done it (more than once)!

8. Karen Maurer says:

I got mine! Thanks so much.

9. Nicky says:

Hi, I love the idea of both lists, but when I try to download
    The PDF, only the first few books on the list appear and no more? Maybe I am doing something obviously wrong.

• Elizabeth Bird says:

Oh, the PDF is just a sample of the list. To request the list click on the links on my sidebar that read “Top 100 Picture Books” and “Top 100 Children’s Novels”. You’ll fill out a form and SLJ will send you the lists. Easy peasy.

10. Ruth says:

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say thanks for it. Very handy tool.

11. LC says:

Downloaded the file and it’s only 12 pages – so I don’t get the full list. How do I download the entire list?

• Elizabeth Bird Elizabeth Bird says:

If you look on my sidebar you’ll see a link for the Top 100 there. Click on it and you’ll fill out a form that will get you the full list.

12. LC says:

Thanks for your response. Is this the link I should use? I tried to download the file again but it still did not work. It loaded 3.14mb but no pdf file loaded. I tried again, and the same thing happened.
    Then when I right-clicked the file and opened it, the saved version is only 12 pgs.

Trackbacks

1. [...] School Library Journal released a gorgeous full-color pdf version of Betsy Bird’s Top 100 Children’s Novels Poll. I’m terribly proud that my name appears for my help tallying the numbers and also in some [...]