While technically this isn’t a proper press release, I think it’s worth noting. I once conducted a Children’s Literary Salon at NYPL about alternative children’s libraries in New York City. Libraries that are free and open to the public, but you have to know about them. The Children’s Book Council’s library was amongst those included. Here then is some news on their newest site. Please make note of the Job Openings section in particular:
A brand-new version of the CBC site is now live at www.cbcbooks.org!
Some features that might be of particular interest to you:
· A search function for our reading lists and round-ups that will enable parents/caregivers, teachers, librarians, and booksellers to easily find the perfect books for their young readers. As you can see, there are options to search by age, format, genre, Seasonal Showcase theme, & by Children’s Choice Book Awards Winners. Additional functionality that will enable visitors to search for a book that falls within as many categories as they select is coming soon.
· For all books featured on our site, we now have the ability to embed the book trailer and to link to more information/a preferred purchasing site for the title. See example here.
· Under Reading Lists, a new section detailing all the previous winners and finalists of the Children’s Choice Book Awards
· A detailed FAQs section designed to help aspiring authors and illustrators, non-member publishers, and more visitors to our site find the information they need
· A comprehensive (nearly!) archive of all of the job moves at our member publishing houses over the last few months
· Online newsletter sign-up for both members and the kid lit community at large
· and much more
Continued features include:
· Kid lit news – the best in children’s and young adult literature and literacy news!
· Kid lit events – fun children’s and young adult literature events from coast to coast!
· Job openings – recent job openings at our member publishers