I'll preface this post by saying this post has NO educational value and "in all honesty, as a kid, I absolutely hated to be tickled!" But the following, [see below] "20 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity" does just that and came into my email box some time back. I've used it to make me laugh on those difficult days. Now please know, for those readers who have been with me since the beginning (ayem… May 15th was my 2 year Anniversary) I'm never one to share emails; or to ask you to 'forward anything to 5 of your favorite people and see what happens.' But this email, well…I just feel it's worth sharing. And after you read it… tell me if I was wrong.
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
6. In The 'Memo' Of Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"
7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
8. Dont use any punctuation BUT DO USE LOTS OF CAPS
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Coworkers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."
Now that I have your attention, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if anyone knows the author of these little, side-splitting tickles, tip your hat for all of us. ..levity and proper citation (of authorship) is a good thing and very healthy.
[Hat tip J.W.sis]