Bowllan's Blog
Inside Bowllan's Blog

Using Flip Videos In The Classroom

I have to apologize for my delay in posting my conference diversity resources. It’s a busy time of year, but I do promise – pinky swear – to have them posted later this evening. I did, however, have time to videotape
myself – yet again – on why I use flip videos in the classroom. One of my Twitter friends, @jasongreen, is guest lecturing at the Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, AR. today, and was kind enough to ask ME, to explain, why and how I use video in the classroom.

Comments

1. twilliamson says:

great video – love the integration of technology and would like to see more of it in my school district. However, right now our district technology policy is restrictive. Does anyone have a district policy that allows for more use of technology in the classrooms but is also responsive to the dangers of technology (ex: cameras in the lockeroom)?

2. Kakie says:

Amazing video. I sent it to all of my friends who are teachers and asked them to share it with other teachers. You make some great poings and ask some really intriguing questions. The Hewitt School is blessed to have you. It is fun to read your blog and see how you are making a difference in the lives of your students. Thanks for all you do in education. I think you are terrific!

3. Amy Bowllan says:

Awww…I am speechless! Thank you for taking the time to watch this, T and Kakie! I thought it was too long, then I thought, you know what? There’s more to talk about. So I do hope, YOU and others will chime in…it’s so important to have a collective voice on the subject.

Many thanks….

4. SHenderson says:

Thank you for sharing your expertise in this area. I wanted to add that our school is using the flip to make teach students with Autism to transition and increase interpersonal skills. It has been wonderful utilization. I would love to hear from anyone who is also using technology in this way. It is so motivating for our students! Video modeling!

5. Amy Bowllan says:

Thank YOU, for sharing this…would love to learn more. Please email me.
    amy.bowllan@reedbusiness.com

6. Anna says:

It’s very creative to ue Flip Videos In The Classroom. And it’s not difficult to make it with the Kvisoft flip video creator.