On July 22nd through 24th, while attending San Diego International Comic-Con, I ran around to as many of my favorite kids comics creators as I could and asked them all the exact same questions. Keep in mind, exhibit halls are crazy loud and crazy busy, so there is a lot of background noise. Let me know in the comments if you have trouble hearing anything and I’ll translate for you.
Matthew Holm and his sister Jennifer create one of the bestselling graphic novel series in the country. (Heck, Babymouse may be one of the bestselling series series in the country.) Not content with fifteen books (A Very Babymouse Christmas is available now), Team Holm has begun a second series, this one about a green amoeba named Squish.
Books mentioned in this video:
- The Complete Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz
- The Complete Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Waterson
- The Bloom County Library, by Berkeley Breathed
- Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword, by Barry Deutch (see Barry’s interview here)
- Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Click to see the interview with Jennifer L. Holm.