Search on SLJ.com ....
Subscribe to SLJ
Follow This Blog: RSS feed
Neverending Search
Inside Neverending Search

Learners join the conversation–Students 2.0

I’ve wondered over the past two years, as we’ve introduced new communication tools into our curriculum, how we might best provoke the student voice.  For the most part, they blogged and wikied because we asked them to.  I was hoping for a shift.  Could we inspire students to blog and reflect on their learning on their own?  Could they participate with us as we plan?  Could they share their own needs and expectations?

Students 2.0, launching tomorrow, aims to elevate the voice of the student blogger:

The moment for a student-centered edublogosphere has come. The staff at Students 2.0 invite their adult partners in education to treat their posts as they treat all others: as serious writing, as invitations to their readers to listen, reflect, agree, disagree, extend ideas – and above all, to create new possibilities, understandings, and insights in education.

Clay Burrell, who teaches at an international school in Seoul, sponsors this project which features an international team of student bloggers.  A video launch teaser introduces key members of Students 2.0:

Clay Burrell notes that these students believe we adults will give them a listen, a read, and more than one comment in conversation of equal quality.  Help spread the word!
Help spread the word!
students20 Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0students20 Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0

snf motr students20 Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0

,
anand more than one comment in conversations of equal quality.

believe we adults will give them a listen, a read, and more than one comment in conversations of equal quality.

badge Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0students20 Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0

share save 171 16 Learners join the conversation  Students 2.0
Joyce Valenza About Joyce Valenza

Joyce is the teacher-librarian at Springfield Township High School, a technology writer, and a blogger. Follow her on Twitter: @joycevalenza

Speak Your Mind

*