Join me and Lisa Perez tonight (9/16) at 8 PM Eastern in Second Life for a discussion: Web 2.0 Technologies and the Library.
This discussion is the first of our SIGMS / AASL learning community meetings. We will discuss preferred Web 2.0 and learning – what works, the issues, the librarian’s role.
Some questions we plan to discuss:
• What is a Web 2.0 technology?
• Which Web 2.0 technologies are you currently using?
• How are you using these technologies?
• What do you consider the BEST uses of Web 2.0 technologies?
• Why is it important for librarians to be adept at using these technologies?
• What issues do you face in integrating Web 2.0 in your work? What solutions have you found?
• In such a technologically shifting landscape, how can we keep abreast of the latest changes in technology? How can we decide what is important?
I hope to see many of you in world tonight! I’ll be the one with the curly red hair!