Most days this sleepy, little blog gets so few comments that I tend to forget that people might be reading, that the words I throw out are actually being caught by anyone.
This week things got a little louder. The cover story I wrote with Doug Johnson, Things That Keep Us Up at Night, and my rant/response appear to have touched a few professional nerves. Though you can read the comments in my post, I wanted to make sure that you also saw the very eloquent responses and the exciting discussions emerging in the blogs of others:
- Doug Johnson Where are the Others?
- Buffy Hamilton Refuting Inertness
- Cathy Jo Nelson Something for the "yeah buts" and Filters, a problem of complacency
- Karen Kliegman Cheering from the sidelines
- Jim Schneider Change, leadership, teaching and learning
- Tyler Reed (Scholastic) Why we need to embrace change
- Carolyn Foote So, what can we do? (thanks, Denise!)
- Teacher Ninja Become change (thanks Doug)
- Walter Carmichael, Contemplating the Future
- Diane Chen, Get out of my profession
And more from Doug.