His general questions for discussing the game are kind of timeless and his list of links are super helpful:
- Super Bowl Ads Home Page
- Media Literacy in Super Bowl Ad
- Media Literacy Home Page
- 40 years of Super Bowl Commercials
- Superbowl–ads.com Archive
- Superbowl Commercials
- Past Superbowl Commercials
- Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials CBS
- Who’s Buying What In Super Bowl 2012? AdAge
- Adweek’s Complete Coverage Ads of Super Bowl XLVI
Frank also reminds us about Fair Use: Educators can legally record and use Super Bowl ads in instruction.
NBC offers a different kind of guide–a 77-page pdf Media Guide for Super Bowl XLVI which focuses on the details of broadcasting the game and includes such interesting features as game history on NBC, ratings history, statistics, camera placement maps, the history of Halftime, bios and photos of media figures. This may be especially useful for both your hardcore fans and your production geeks.
Buzzfeed is another portal for the Super Bowl commercials.