of what it means to go to college for library science to stats revealing that the librarian profession is here to stay. Our team worked to shed light on two things– the importance of the library systems in our communities and the complexity behind this profession.
This project was an eye-opening affirmation to the necessities to support libraries and librarians to continue to be pillars in their communities, especially critical in the digital age. With the help of innovation, re-imagination and vision, libraries are embracing new technologies while creating dynamic community centers filled with life. They are centers of creativity, research and collaboration…and they are free.
I decided to gather some of the recent infographics about libraries and librarians. They are also, more conveniently, collected on this Pinterest board.
- School Libraries A Lesson in Success (NJASL)
- 27 Things Your Teacher Librarian Does (Mia MacMeekin)
- Who’s the Tech Leader in Your School (SLJ)
- Library Instruction for Student Success (Julie Kent)
- Many Reasons you Need Your Librarian (Paige Jaeger)
- Working Together is Working Smarter (AASL)
- School Libraries and Student Achievement (LRS)
- I am a Social Librarian (Elsevier)
- Why Support Your Local Library (StateStats)
- Social Media Activities for Libraries (Phil Bradley)
- Perception Flowchart (Jennifer LaGarde)
- A Librarian’s Worth (ObizMedia/Masters in Education)
- Anatomy of a Librarian (ObizMedia/Masters in Education)
- What Do TLs Teach? (Valenza and Jones)