Practically Paradise
Inside Practically Paradise

Do you care if nonfiction titles are published?

Tomorrow we will share our favorite nonfiction titles with  Nonfiction Monday here in practically paradise. Nonfiction Monday nonfiction.monday Do you care if nonfiction titles are published?is a celebration of nonfiction children’s books. Kidlitosphere Bloggers with nonfiction posts will be featured here. Bloggers will send me links all day long so you still have time to submit your post. Keep checking back & clicking Read More throughout the day as the links grow. Have you wanted to join us in chatting about nonfiction? This is your opportunity.

If you have written a nonfiction blog post today to include, you can email me (best option) or you can leave the URL in the comments section. Just remember to leave off the http:// because the comments machinery rejects it.

Don’t have a blog of your own? Not a problem. Go ahead and email me your writing about nonfiction and I’ll post it here in practically paradise.

"Some people" say nonfiction books are endangered and will be replaced by electronic versions of data. Hah! "Those people" haven’t seen the enthusiasm for nonfiction at my schools and others throughout this country. Circulation of nonfiction for recreational reading and for classroom support increases each year. My budget can’t support the demand for biographical titles. Students need you, readers, to share the very best of nonfiction titles.  Be brave! Join us in writing about nonfiction this week.

Comments

1. Scope Notes says:

Thanks for hosting Diane! My post is about weeding biographies in the nonfiction section. 100scopenotes.com/2010/02/22/nonfiction-monday-photo-diary-weeding-biographies/

2. Shelf-employed says:

My post is on minimum page requirements (ack!)for non-fiction assignments. Enjoy it with a sense of humor. ;)
    shelf-employed.blogspot.com/2010/02/minimum-rage.html

3. Lori Calabrese says:

At Lori Calabrese Writes!, I review Reel Culture by Mimi O’Connor

loricalabrese.com/2010/02/reel-culture/

Thanks for hosting!

4. Robin Gaphni says:

I revied Mama Miti by Donna Jo Napoli. Thanks for hosting: thebooknosher.blogspot.com/2010/02/mama-miti.html

5. sally apokedak says:

Thanks for hosting.

And yes, I care if nonfiction titles are published. I think nonfiction is important and I love to read nonfiction that gives me facts in an entertaining way.

6. MotherReader says:

I have “A Young Dancer: The Life of an Ailey Student” over at MotherReader

Thanks for hosting!

7. Lawral says:

I reviewed “Isadora Duncan: A Graphic Biography” at lucy was robbed:

lawral.blogspot.com/2010/02/isadora-duncan-graphic-biography-for.html

8. ChallengingtheBookworm says:

I blogged about the mysterious creatures from Tales of the Cryptids by Kelly Halls

challengingthebookworm.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/tales-of-the-cryptids-mysterious-creatures-that-may-or-may-not-exist/

9. Marlon Gravois says:

I got to this article from Facebook (one of my friends posted it). After reading the article, I clicked “Like” and also reshared it.