You asked, so we’re going for it! Let’s take one last crack at the honor vote because we’re clearly a Pyrite committee that needs help to make up its mind. As Karyn noted in the results post, The Lie Tree has a huge lead over the other titles which is no surprise considering how close it was to winning the Pyrite.
A second honor vote including The Lie Tree is likely to yield similar results with a significant lead for that almost-Pyrite winner so we’re removing it from the equation for this round (because this is our mock process and we want answers!). Since there are three Pyrite honor spots left, only the following books will be eligible:
We Are the Ants
Still Life With Tornado
Female of the Species
March Book 3
The Sun is Also a Star
In the previous round of honor voting, We Are the Ants has only 6 points more than The Sun is Also a Star. That means we have six books that are too close in consensus (number of voters) and passion (first and second place votes) to declare three definitive winners. (If you’re interested in the previous round’s point spread, take a look at the image above.)
Voting will work similarly to last round but remember, do not list a fourth book! Other things to keep in mind:
- Voting will happen in the comments.
- You may only vote for three of the six titles listed (above).
- Votes are weighted, so number them 1-3; pointing is 7/5/3.
- You can vote for up to 3 books but don’t need to vote all spots; however, you can’t skip spots (so if you only vote for two books, they get 7 and 5 points, respectively).
- We recommend voting BEFORE looking at any other responses to avoid the temptation to do math and strategize — because the RealCommittee can’t, so it’s maybe a little bit like cheating?
- Polls will stay open until Thursday afternoon, with the goal of posting results that evening or Friday morning.
Thanks for playing; we’ll see you in the comments!