From the YALSA Website, more Suggested Selection Criteria:
- Is it well organized?
- Is the script well written and imaginative?
- Is it timely or pertinent to young adult needs and interests?
- Is the treatment appropriate for the subject: (e.g. animation, dramatization, documentary).
- Will it stimulate and maintain interest?
- Is the format, vocabulary and concept(s) appropriate?
- Will it affect attitudes, build appreciation, develop critical thinking and/or entertain?
- Are the technical qualities, content and utilization combined into a pleasing whole?
- Does the film exemplify the theme in a meaningful way?