SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE POST
March 26th Peanut Gallery
Here’s what we’ve come across this week. As always, if we missed yours, let us know in the comments and we’ll add it in here or in next week’s Peanut Gallery.
- Judge Rex did some fretting last Sunday night.
- Book Nut on the first week of the competition.
- Eric Carpenter has a Leader Board and some ideas about what will happen in Round Two.
- Liz B’s on a roll with posts on Round One’s Matches 6, 7, and 8 and Match 1 from Round Two.
- Slightly Addicted to Fiction gives us her thoughts here.
- Spring Break hasn’t kept one of our Dalton Book Bloggers are following along too. Enthusiastic c19rg has thoughts about this week’s first round decisions here, here, and here, as well as one considering round two here.
- And here are BoB musing from Random Musings of a Bibliophile.
- Sondy’s here with hers.
- Gareth Hinds was very pleased with Judge Hesse.
- Notes from the Max notes us.
Filed under: 2011, Peanut Gallery
About Battle Commander
The Battle Commander is the nom de guerre for children’s literature enthusiasts Monica Edinger and Roxanne Hsu Feldman, fourth grade teacher and middle school librarian at the Dalton School in New York City and Jonathan Hunt, the County Schools Librarian at the San Diego County Office of Education. All three have served on the Newbery Committee as well as other book selection and award committees. They are also published authors of books, articles, and reviews in publications such as the New York Times, School Library Journal, and the Horn Book Magazine. You can find Monica at educating alice and on twitter as @medinger. Roxanne is at Fairrosa Cyber Library and on twitter as @fairrosa. Jonathan can be reached at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network
Watch The Yarn LIVE with Kate DiCamillo at ALA!
Heists, Celebrity, and Mystery: An Interview with Nicholas Day About The Mona Lisa Vanishes
Suee and the Strange White Light | This Week’s Comics
“Enough with the chicken noises.” A guest post by Sean Ferrell
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving