In case you’ve missed it, my dear friend, Michelle Luhtala hosts a series of free, monthly webinars for the professional learning community, Emerging Tech: Using Technology to Advance Your School Library Program. The series is sponsored by Follett Software Company.
About a week ago, Michelle’s virtual panel discussion presented a comprehensive array of perspectives on online professional development–PD about PD.
There’s a little something to inspire everyone in your school, district or state in these conversations, often enhanced with Michelle’s adorable graphics:
- our virtual patron, Steve Hargadon on global online PD;
- Eric Sheninger on connected learning strategies as a principal;
- Nikki Robertson on what hashtags can do for librarians;
- Janet Neufeld on her doctoral work relating to measuring the impact of professional learning; and
- Connie Williams and Jane Lofton on CSLA’s statewide professional development efforts.
I was honored to be invited and to have an opportunity to reflect on what the TL community has pulled together as a tribe over the past three or four years.
View the archive, apply for a CE certificate, and register here for upcoming free Using Emerging Technology webinars which include:
- eContent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 – 5PM ET
- Mobile Learning: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 – 5PM ET
- Virtual Libraries: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 – 5PM ET