SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE POST
This Week’s Peanut Gallery
These Peanut Gallery posts are where we put up whatever we’ve found around the web responding to the latest BOB news. Be sure to let us know in the comments if we’ve missed yours and we will add it in here.
- Our SLJ person-on-the-ground Shelley Diaz produced two terrific BOB pieces this week: Title Match: SLJ’s Battle of the Kids’ Books Returns for its Sixth Bout and Tips for Creating a “Mock Bob.
- This Grrl Reads …A Lot is happy she’s already read some of the contenders.
- This past summer, the fabulous Mark Tuchman wrote about his creation of last year’s Battle Plan.
- And a few tweets:
- raecarson Choosing my winner for @SLJsBoB‘s Battle of the Books was like choosing between life and breath. *sigh*#bestproblemever
- elvenjaneite @brandymuses @SLJsBoB I am so impressed with the judges this year!
- thebrainlair @SLJsBoB I commend you on the diversity of this year’s judges! So awesome to see. Oh, and I love this time of year!
- brandymuses Whoa. Are all the judges made of awesome this year?
- raecarson Yep. It’s true. I’ve been listening to ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in preparation. RT @SLJsBoB Today’s judge is… ow.ly/tfYr5#sljbob
- marciterp @SLJsBoB is coming fast! 6 out of 16 read. Must. Get. Reading.
- OrigamiYoda At last the secret is out: I’m a judge in @SLJsBoB ‘s Battle of the Books! I had to choose between two of these:ow.ly/t4RdY
- Random House Kids @randomhousekids It’s never too early for March Madness when books are in play! Download @SLJournal‘s #SLJBOB bracket: https://sljinactiveprd.wpengine.com/battleofthebooks/brackets/ …
- Dana Sides Pressnell similar 2 bball brackets kids vote 4 favorites !Tips 4 Creating “Mock BoB” | SLJ’s Battle of Kids’ Bks http://ow.lie/tyLI3 #sljbob@SLJsBoB”
- Elizabeth Kahn @TaylorLibrarian I ordered the rest of the books today for #sljbob. We’ll have multiple copies of each. Can’t wait to share w/kids.
Filed under: 2014, Peanut Gallery
About Battle Commander
The Battle Commander is the nom de guerre for children’s literature enthusiasts Monica Edinger and Roxanne Hsu Feldman, fourth grade teacher and middle school librarian at the Dalton School in New York City and Jonathan Hunt, the County Schools Librarian at the San Diego County Office of Education. All three have served on the Newbery Committee as well as other book selection and award committees. They are also published authors of books, articles, and reviews in publications such as the New York Times, School Library Journal, and the Horn Book Magazine. You can find Monica at educating alice and on twitter as @medinger. Roxanne is at Fairrosa Cyber Library and on twitter as @fairrosa. Jonathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLJ Blog Network
Watch The Yarn LIVE with Kate DiCamillo at ALA!
Heists, Celebrity, and Mystery: An Interview with Nicholas Day About The Mona Lisa Vanishes
Suee and the Strange White Light | This Week’s Comics
“Enough with the chicken noises.” A guest post by Sean Ferrell
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving