Blog Posts of the Week
(As always, let us know in the comments about any we missed and we’ll either add them in here or in next week’s Peanut Gallery)
- Katie’s witty ‘Twas the Night Before BoB: Predictions.
- Liz B’s got her picks here as well as posts on Lost v Ghost, Between v Bootleg, Cheshire v Chime, and Bone v Norvelt.
- Kathy did her own judging: Amelia vs Anya and Sepetys vs Blumenthal.
- Judge Barbara O’Connor was very psyched as we got underway!
- Susan Lempke has an understandable pet peeve about us.
- Proof that BoB gets people reading in Katie’s review of Amelia Lost where she acknowledges that “I probably never would have [read it], except it’s the very first contender in the very first round of SLJ’s Battle of the Kids’ Books. And I know that the BOB doesn’t do bad books.”
- Brandy’s Round One Thoughts and her reactions at the end of the first week.
- Book Nut’s a fan (and we hope she does do wrap-ups as we’ll then link them here).
- Friend of BoB Sondy has some thoughts about Week One and picks for Week Two.
- Reads for Keeps’ Lisa Song offered Opinions, not Predictions and Foiled by a Coin Toss!
- Roger Sutton briefly weighs in on the coin toss as well.
- BooksnStories on BoB-KBWT, BoB Whatever, and a few random notes as well.
- The LA Times mentioned us.
- SLJ featured a behind-the-scenes look at the Everdeen Sisters making of the “official” BoB Trailer.
- Reading. Writing. Publishing. A Blog has a Spectator’s Commentary.
Tweets of the Week
@KidlitKat: March is a gloomy month, but SLJ’s Battle of the Kids Books gives me something to look forward to. @KidlitKat: The best part is when you forget for a few days, and multiple posts accumulate. It’s like losing a button and finding a cardigan. @brainlair: Barreling through the #sljbob12 I can do this! ::turnsoffinternetforweekend:: @elockhart: So cool. The Rooster doesn’t have these. RT @SLJsBoB: Introducing Official Kid Commentators. @kevinguilfoil: Some disagree. RT @elockhart: So cool. The Rooster doesn’t have these. @YABookLove Checking the outcome has become my #1 thing to do in the morning! Coffee just has to wait till I know the winner… @CazzyLibrarian School Library Journal’s BOB: Kid Commentator used the word “volatility” in his post. Love it!
@reads4keeps Cheese vs. magic sparks: everyone take a moment to admire today’s #sljbob12 match illustration. Perfectly hilarious. @CatherineSFrank All it took was 3 rounds to get me addicted to SLJ’s Battle of the Books. So fun!