SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE POST
It’s Giveaway Time Again: “Sherlock” Season Two on DVD
Who has the coolest avatar on Twitter?
For my money, it’s Steven Moffat, since it shows the writer-producer surrounded by both Matt Smith as the Doctor and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes.
That observation is not really apropos of anything, by the way… except perhaps how Moffat has wonderfully updated the most played-out fictional detective in all of pop culture… yet has done so in a way that remains brilliantly faithful to the original Conan Doyle tales.
And although the second season of Sherlock has just concluded airing on PBS here in the States, it’s already available on disc, or at least will be come tomorrow. In addition to its three movie-length episodes, the DVD release includes these bonus features:
- Audio Commentary for A Scandal in Belgravia and The Hounds of Baskerville
- Sherlock Uncovered, a behind-the-scenes featurette
Thanks to the good folks at BBC Worldwide Americas, Connect the Pop has a couple of DVD’s for readers. Here are the rules if you’d like one:
- You must have a U.S. or Canadian mailing address to which the DVD can be shipped.
- Leave a comment here about any of the above—what you think of Sherlock or why you’re looking forward to seeing it, how it compares/contrasts to Doctor Who, or why this particular adaptation of the Holmes characters is so popular/memorable… anything.
- “@” me on Twitter with the hashtags #Sherlock and #ConnectThePop in the tweet to let me know you’ve done this. (I’m @Peter_Gutierrez.)
- Everyone who does these two things between now and 12:01 am EST on May 23 will be entered into the drawing.
- If you don’t have a Twitter account, just have a friend or colleague tweet on your behalf, letting me know which comment here is associated with the tweet—but of course since the DVD will be sent to him/her (see #6 below), you’ll have to work it out from there. (Or just start your own Twitter account in a couple of minutes, and close it when this giveaway is over.)
- I’ll notify you on Twitter, not here, if you’ve won a DVD, and if you don’t respond within 48 hours, I’ll just draw another name. If you’re a winner, you’ll simply DM me your mailing address and we’ll be all set. Thanks!
About Peter Gutierrez
A former middle school teacher, Peter Gutierrez has spent the past 20 years developing curriculum as well as working in, and writing about, various branches of pop culture. You can sample way too many of his thoughts about media and media literacy via Twitter: @Peter_Gutierrez
SLJ Blog Network