What should committee members be thinking about when watching the films?
From the YALSA Website,
Suggested Selection Criteria
- Is the photography effective and imaginative? (e.g. choice and handling of visuals, composition, color, focus, exposure, special effects).
- Is the sound acceptable? (e.g. good fidelity and synchronization, realistic sound effects, relevant interplay between sound track and image).
- Is the editing satisfactory: (e.g. continuity, matching, rhythm, pacing, length).
- Do the actors have good voice quality, diction and timing?
- Is the acting believable and convincing?
- Does the narrator have good voice quality, style, diction and timing?
Next week: More Criteria