Search on SLJ.com ....
Subscribe to SLJ
Follow This Blog: RSS feed
Neverending Search
Inside Neverending Search

TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive

archive 300x247 TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive

Television news has always been ephemeral–hard to search, hard to access, hard to share.

The Internet Archive recently launched a tool that will be huge help to any teacher who would like to use television news in the classroom.  It opens up some fabulous possibilities for student media research.

Inspired by the pioneering work of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive, the new TV News Search & Borrow allows users to search closed-captioned television transcripts for relevant television news content, currently dating back to 2009.

TV News Search & Borrow offers some very nifty search features.

Users can click on trending items on the word cloud, filter by network and show in pull-down menus, and search by date on the timeline.

networks TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archiveshows TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive

The impressive collection contains more than 350,000 clips and transcripts collected over 3 years from national U.S. networks and stations in San Francisco and Washington D.C.

New content is added 24 hours after it airs. Older materials are also being added to the other end of the archive.

This video explains the value of this new tool for learning and research.

tvnewsvideo 300x178 TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive

Thanks to for the heads up!

share save 171 16 TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive
Joyce Valenza About Joyce Valenza

Joyce is the teacher-librarian at Springfield Township High School, a technology writer, and a blogger. Follow her on Twitter: @joycevalenza

Trackbacks

1. [...] TV News Search & Borrow brought to you by Internet Archive … [...]

Speak Your Mind

*