Update: There’s even more September goodness! At TLCafe’s Back to School Special–which was absolutely fabulous–Nikki Robertson announced the launch of TL News Night on the third Monday of each month at 8:00 PM ET.
Here are the details:
TL | News Night Anchors are:
Michelle Cooper - High School Librarian
Nikki D Robertson- High School Librarian
Elissa Malespina - Middle Grades Librarian
Team Member Needed - Middle Grades Librarian
Sue Levine - Elementary School Librarian
Matthew Winner - Elementary School Librarian
TL | News Night is a LIVE show presented in news show format featuring a Wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” and deeper discussion of topical school library issues with special guest experts. Consistent features each week will include:
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- A topical library issue with guest experts (25 minutes)
- A wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” (10 minutes)
- Highlight a state library association (10 minutes)
- Title | Tool | Takeaway- This segment features a book, an app or web tool & a takeaway (10 minutes)
Our first on air appearance is scheduled for Monday, September 23, 2013 at 8 pm ET. Fill out this form if you’d like to contribute to this exciting new networking project!
September is a great time get your network on! Over the next couple of weeks, you can connect or reconnect with thousands of colleagues in ways that will enhance and inspire your practice in 2013/2014.
Here’s a reminder of what’s about to start.
1. The 1st Monday of each month (unless it’s a holiday like this one) is the date for TL Virtual Café where you will meet and interact with a great series of speakers and meet new and old friends in the chat.
Tomorrow, September 9th is the very special third annual Back to School Special, featuring an idea share led by Tiffany Whitehead (Mighty Little Librarian), Jennifer LaGarde (Library Girl) and the daring Gwyneth Jones. This free BTS template is merely one of example of the sharing to come tomorrow night at 8PM ET. Visit the TLCafé homepage for instructions on how to join the event using Blackboard Collaborate.
2. TL ChatLive takes place the 2nd Monday of each month (unless there is a holiday like this month). So get ready to tweet using the #tlchat hashtag and participate or lurk in our hour of live interaction on Monday, September 16th from 8:00 to 9:00 PM ET. If you are interested in helping the team generate questions or in moderating the chats, please contact: @NikkiDRobertson or @GwynethJones.