SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE POST
New Book Video Trailer Awards!
On September 27th, School Library Journal will ask readers to vote for the best video trailers that promote books and encourage reading.
Voters will be asked to select the best video in six categories:
- Publisher/author created for Elementary readers (PreK-6)
- Publisher/author created for Secondary readers (7-12)
- Student created for Elementary readers (PreK-6)
- Student created for Secondary readers (7-12)
- Adult (anyone over 18) created for Elementary readers (PreK-6)
- Adult created for Secondary readers (7-12)
There will be four nominations in each category, selected by a committee of librarians. Winners will be announced at the School Library Journal Leadership Summit on the Future of Reading on October 22, 2010 in Chicago.
The primary purpose of these awards is to recognize the important role that video plays in bringing readers to books as well as the wonderful creativity of the producers.
Only videos produced between January 1, 2006 to July 1, 2010 are eligible for consideration.
To suggest a video before the September 17th deadline, please send an email to SLJbooktrailers@gmail.com.
- the name of the video
- the video’s creator(s)
- the author and the title of the book that the video is promoting
- the URL for viewing the video
- no more than 200 words about why this video would turn the viewer into a reader of the book
Anyone is free to suggest a title. Start nominating! And please spread the word.
About Joyce Valenza
Joyce is an Assistant Professor of Teaching at Rutgers University School of Information and Communication, a technology writer, speaker, blogger and learner. Follow her on Twitter: @joycevalenza
SLJ Blog Network