These Peanut Gallery posts are where we put up whatever we’ve found around the web responding to the latest BOB news. Be sure to let us know in the comments if we’ve missed yours and we will either add it here or put in our next Peanut Gallery post.
The PFTSTA students have spoken! Check out their Round Two results here.
Our own Shelley Diaz on the latest as we moved into Round Two.
Reading Adventures of a Librarian does her Round Three predictions here.
The Card Catalog weighs in on the latest matches.
Sondy thinks about the Big Kahuna here.
Fairfax County Public Library loves us.
And here are some tweeted responses (with handles and links edited out):
Cecilia Cackley Kinda think Rae Carson writes a mashup of the two books she judged–romance and high fantasy. Only missing the politics.
- citymousedc I’d just like to point out that Katherine Marsh is capable of considerable gut punch writing herself.
- emilyreads Can I just say how much I am LOVING @SLJsBoB this year? Opinions! Strongly held! Boldly stated!
Patrick Ness In which I rant (slightly) about what YA can do and the dangers of CBAITS (Crappy Books About Important Things)
rwalder CBAIT, new word for the day. Just took some back to library. (They have no titles, of course.)
- reads4keeps Oh wow. @Patrick_Ness doesn’t hold back in today’s#sljbob match. If @RogerReads were judging the judges, he’d win.
- FuseEight @Patrick_Ness To my mind that was just about the best #SLJBOB decision to date. Now wishing Ness had his own review journal.
- cevans77 What should we demand of YA literature? @Patrick_Ness has lots of ideas in today’s @SLJsBoB
- HeatherAlexand Do you follow @sljournal‘s Battle of the Books? Today’s roundup by @Patrick_Ness is so honest and smart. <3 @SLJsBoB