SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE POST
This Week’s Peanut Gallery
Blog Posts of the Week
(As always, let us know in the comments about any we missed and we’ll either add them in here or in next week’s Peanut Gallery)
- Katie’s witty ‘Twas the Night Before BoB: Predictions.
- Liz B’s got her picks here as well as posts on Lost v Ghost, Between v Bootleg, Cheshire v Chime, and Bone v Norvelt.
- Kathy did her own judging: Amelia vs Anya and Sepetys vs Blumenthal.
- Judge Barbara O’Connor was very psyched as we got underway!
- Susan Lempke has an understandable pet peeve about us.
- Proof that BoB gets people reading in Katie’s review of Amelia Lost where she acknowledges that “I probably never would have [read it], except it’s the very first contender in the very first round of SLJ’s Battle of the Kids’ Books. And I know that the BOB doesn’t do bad books.”
- Brandy’s Round One Thoughts and her reactions at the end of the first week.
- Book Nut’s a fan (and we hope she does do wrap-ups as we’ll then link them here).
- Friend of BoB Sondy has some thoughts about Week One and picks for Week Two.
- Reads for Keeps’ Lisa Song offered Opinions, not Predictions and Foiled by a Coin Toss!
- Roger Sutton briefly weighs in on the coin toss as well.
- BooksnStories on BoB-KBWT, BoB Whatever, and a few random notes as well.
- The LA Times mentioned us.
- SLJ featured a behind-the-scenes look at the Everdeen Sisters making of the “official” BoB Trailer.
- Reading. Writing. Publishing. A Blog has a Spectator’s Commentary.
Tweets of the Week
@KidlitKat: March is a gloomy month, but SLJ’s Battle of the Kids Books gives me something to look forward to. @KidlitKat: The best part is when you forget for a few days, and multiple posts accumulate. It’s like losing a button and finding a cardigan. @brainlair: Barreling through the #sljbob12 I can do this! ::turnsoffinternetforweekend:: @elockhart: So cool. The Rooster doesn’t have these. RT @SLJsBoB: Introducing Official Kid Commentators. @kevinguilfoil: Some disagree. RT @elockhart: So cool. The Rooster doesn’t have these. @YABookLove Checking the outcome has become my #1 thing to do in the morning! Coffee just has to wait till I know the winner… @CazzyLibrarian School Library Journal’s BOB: Kid Commentator used the word “volatility” in his post. Love it!
@reads4keeps Cheese vs. magic sparks: everyone take a moment to admire today’s #sljbob12 match illustration. Perfectly hilarious. @CatherineSFrank All it took was 3 rounds to get me addicted to SLJ’s Battle of the Books. So fun!
SLJ Blog Network